|US Postal Commission|
Why do we oppose this postage increase?
1) The average postage we now pay for all our duckling and gosling shipments is about $12.00 per shipment. If they add this additional charge, your postage charges will go up at least 75%! How often has the USPS raised rates 75%?
2) The USPS gives no indication how this new income will improve service in any way. It will not make shipping faster or easier. It is not designed to better track shipments. It is not for better ventilated trucks to carry your birds. It is only a way to increase their income at your expense.
3) This new regulation will only affect day old poultry shipments and bee shipments. Was either industry notified in advance or was our input requested? Absolutely not. It was only when an AP reporter phoned another hatchery that we learned the USPS was proposing this 75% increase in fees. As mailing is our only option, hatcheries such as ours work closely with the USPS and we have our own Live Shipment Representative in Washington, DC. The only response I received when I asked my local representative about it was "Who sent this to you?" It appears to me the Post Office was trying to hide this proposed regulation until it was too late!
|Let us make sure this joy continues!|
We are asking you to send a quick email to the USPS to protest this exorbitant and heavy handed increase!
- You must send all emails to: ProductClassification@usps.gov
- The subject line must read Live Animals
- It must be received by this Friday, May 24th
Thank you very much for your efforts. If we all do our part, we can prevent this unfair increase from happening.
To Whom It May Concern:
I am very much against the additional postal charges you are proposing for the live animal shipments.
Do you realize this is an average increase of over 75% in what I now pay to receive my day old poultry?
Your proposed regulation does not indicate how this money will be spent. Will it speed service? Will it making tracking of my birds easier? Will it provide a better environment for my birds during shipping? What does this 75% increase do for me?
I am also very disappointed you did not contact the day old poultry and bee shipping industries prior to or after your posting of the regulation. Unfortunately it gives the impression that: 1) you don't care about me and 2) you don't care about any input from the hatcheries directly affected by your new rates.
Are you proposing a 75% increase in rates for any of your other customers? Or is it only us?
I do not feel this 75% increase in my postage rates for receiving day old poultry should be implemented.
Thank you for your time.
A link to the USPS proposed regulation: